We are committed to making PNCT
the safest place in the Port of NY/NJ to visit and work.
Maritime Security levels explained
PNCT today's MARSEC Level is:1
Is the new security standard for routine maritime operations and aligns with National DHS levels of Green, Blue and Yellow. Some security measures are required to be taken to minimize vulnerability to security incidents.
Is a heightened threat of security incident and intelligence indicates that terrorists are likely to be active within a specific target or class of targets. MARSEC 2 aligns with National DHS security level "Orange". Additional security measures as outlined in Vessel, Facility and Area Security Plans must be undertaken and regulated facilities must acknowledge understanding an increased level has been established to minimize vulnerability to security incidents.
Is a probable or imminent threat of a security incident. Aligns with National DHS Security level "Red". Additional security measures as outlined in Vessel, Facility and Area Security Plans must be undertaken and regulated facilities must acknowledge understanding an increased level has been established to minimize vulnerability to security incidents. MARSEC level 3 will involve significant restriction of maritime operations that could lead to temporary closure of individual ports, waterways and facilities in a region or the entire U.S. Security.
Safety is paramount at PNCT. To help us accomplish this goal, all visitors must also take safety seriously. To maintain a safe work environment, the following procedures must be adhered to:
- Speed limit is 15 mph. Stop at all intersections and give the right away to any/all pedestrians.
- Please take note of the posted Fire Exits and Fire Assembly areas.
- Observe the No Smoking policy.
- Our 24 Hour Security Number is (973) 465-9580
- TWIC (cards) must be presented to security guard prior to entering parking lot.
- No personal vehicles are permitted in the Container Yard.
- Please park your vehicle in the Visitors Parking Area located in front of the administration building, off Calcutta Street (by the truck entry area).
- Be aware of traffic while walking to the administration building.
- Take care when exiting the parking area as heavy traffic moves along Calcutta Street.
- If you need to enter the Terminal Yard, you must check in with the management of PNCT for an escort.
- High Visibility vests are required.
- No contractor vehicle may enter the Straddle area under any circumstances, unless escorted by authorized PNCT personnel.
- When driving near any equipment, make sure the operators know you are present before you drive near them. Control Room must be notified prior to entering any part of the Straddle field or Stringpiece.
- Speed limit is 15 mph. Stop at all intersections, obey all posted signs, and give the right away to any/all Pedestrians.
- Do Not Speed you will be voided out
- No Passengers or pets are permitted to Enter PNCT with the Truck Driver. This especially applies to children of any age. PNCT will and reserves the right to turn away any Trucker who violates this Rule.
- High visibility vests are required
- While in the Terminal yard, you must stay in your truck, unless otherwise instructed.
- When parked in the Straddle Grid area, you must exit the truck and stand in the marked safety zone - a three foot red circle near your front left fender
- When driving near any equipment or vehicles, make sure the operators know you are present before you drive near them.
- Use of cellular telephones within the Terminal Yard is strictly forbidden
- When exiting the yard, take care of the traffic moving on Calcutta Street.
- Truckers, while on the Terminal, please keep your head lights on for SAFETY. This will help all of us.
Straddle Carrier Operations
Follow these rules or you will be VOIDED out of the terminal. Thank you for your cooperation.
- SAFETY VESTS ARE MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES.
- REMAIN INSIDE YOUR TRUCK AT ALL TIMES UNTIL THE STRADDLE CARRIER ARRIVES WITH YOUR CONTAINER.
- STEP OUT AND ONTO THE RED DOT WHEN THE STRADDLE CARRIER ARRIVES WITH YOUR CONTAINER.
- NEVER WALK OUT OF THE SAFE ZONE INTO ANOTHER GRID OR TO ANOTHER TRUCK.
- NEVER SIT ON OR AROUND YOUR CHASSIS OR THE CEMENT BLOCK LOCATED BEHIND THE GRID SLOT.
- DO NOT REPAIR OR CLEAN YOUR TRUCK OR CHASSIS WHILE IN THE GRID AREA.
- UNLOCK OR LOCK THE CHASSIS PINS WHEN STRADDLE HAS MOVED SAFELY AWAY FROM THE GRID.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES!!!
The PNCT Straddle Carrier container yard is strictly off limits. Contractors are only permitted in the container yard under escort. This policy is non-negotiable.
Contractors will only gain access if cleared with our central control room, located in the Administration building and must be escorted while in the area. PNCT straddle carrier area is a secure location - this policy is non-negotiable.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN VISITING US.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.